Monday, April 25, 2011

Cochabamba to Santa Cruz (4-25-11)

I finished packing except for a couple things I will need.  In the morning, I went to La Villa to say my goodbyes.  Unfortunately, Monday was the first normal school day in quite some time, so there weren’t many folks to say goodbye to. 

I had lunch at La Morada and said goodbye to Doña Celia.  Susana came and drove me to the airport.  There were lots of sad goodbyes, but I was excited to be on the journey home.  The flight was on AeroSur which has its stewardesses dress like they used to—in very tight and very short skirts!

Santa Cruz is a real contrast to Cochabamba.  The weather feels tropical and humid.  Everything seems to be under construction.  It feels like Mexico.  A person with a sign and my name took me to a cab (which the hotel paid for) to take me to the Hotel Cortez.  The hotel seems very nice and rather European.  There is WiFi in the lounges, at the pool, and the restaurant.  It is nice to start to plug back into the world. 

For dinner, I basically spent the few Bolivianos I had left.  I went for the safe burger and fries.  Other than worrying about waking up in the morning and being anxious to be home, it was a pleasant day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment