Monday, April 25, 2011

Santa Cruz to Raleigh (4-26-11)

I had to get up early to make the shuttle to the airport for my flight to Miami.  The was still enough time to have some breakfast.  When I checked out, apparently I had overpaid when I prepaid things with my credit card.  I never exactly figured it out.  The bottom line was that they paid me the amount extra in cash.  So, I ended up with almost 500 Bolivianos (about $70).  Oh well, another reason to return!

The flight to Miami was long, but uneventful.  Customs in Miami was crazy as the baggage claim area was wall-to-wall people.  Fortunately, I had plenty of time between flights, so I was able to relax in the Admiral’s Club.  I upgraded from Miami to RDU, so another survivable travel day.  And, I’m finally home! 

It was an amazing two weeks.  While my lack of Spanish skills and being alone (and off the Internet) so much was hard, Bolivia and La Villa felt very much like a place where I belong.  I definitely need to spend more time there in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment